At Ysgol Gymraeg Ystalyfera Bro Dur, we understand the need to continually deliver high quality education, including during periods of distance or blended learning curriculum as part of our curriculum – whether for an individual pupil or many.
We recognise the importance of maintaining high expectations in all areas of school life and ensuring that all pupils have access to the learning resources and support they need to succeed.
Please also refer to our Distance and Blending Learning Policy.
Through E-Learning we aim to:
- Minimise the disruption to pupils’ education and the delivery of the curriculum.
- Ensure provision is in place so that all pupils have access to high quality learning resources.
- Protect pupils from the risks associated with using devices connected to the internet.
- Ensure staff, parent, and pupil data remains secure and is not lost or misused.
- Ensure robust safeguarding measures continue to be in effect during the period of remote learning.
- Ensure all pupils have the provision they need to complete their work to the best of their ability, and to remain happy, healthy, and supported during periods of distant or blended learning.
All departments within the school now use our E-Learning Platform to complement the curriculum through setting up individual classwork and/or homework tasks.
As a school, we use MS Teams through our HWB tenancy to set assignment tasks and run any live lessons. Live revision lessons are also run by some departments during evening sessions at KS4 and 5.
Further information for parents can be found on the HWB website.
Click here for information regarding how live lessons work.
Most online work in Primary and Secondary is completed through HWB's Office 365. Students have access through their usual login and password details which they use when at school.
Here is a copy of our e-safety and remote learning policies.
|Distance and Blended Learning Policy|
|Pupil Distance Learning Agreement|