Ystalyfera Transition Program
Welcome to the Ysgol Gymraeg Ystalyfera transition page, where you will find all the current information regarding events and proceedings.
We hope that you will get a feel for the day-to-day life of the school within these pages as we aim to present answers to any queries you may have.
We know that the transition from primary school to secondary school is one of the biggest changes you will have experienced. We also know that it is one of the most exciting changes that you will make.
Moving to secondary school provides you with an opportunity to learn interesting new things, make more friends and to take part in activities that could well lead you to a particular study or career route.
We always look forward to welcoming our new Year 7s, and we'll be providing some resources on this page to help with your transition to Ysgol Gymraeg Ystalyfera. Remember to check this page from time-to-time to look at the resources and to get to know your school.
Most importantly, start to think of all the exciting things that await you at your new school, and what you will do to be as successful as you can at Ysgol Gymraeg Ystalyfera.
Our Transition Programme ensures new students feel happy, settled and secure from their very first day at secondary school. We want to ensure that the transition is as smooth, fulfilling and successful as possible.
- Pupils will be provided with a range of in-school and online activities, including an Induction Day.
- Year 6 teachers and ALENCo’s put together information for us about each pupil coming to Ysgol Gymraeg Ystalyfera.
- Our transition team visits every school to talk about the pupils coming to us.
- Parents/carers complete an online enrolment and induction process.
- Year 7 students start before all our other students in September to help them with settling in and meeting more staff.
Mr Aled Maddock
Assistant Headteacher (Responsibility for Transition)
Mrs Rachel Thomas
(Head of year 7)